JOY’S MULTIFACETED CONNECTION
But let the righteous be glad; let them rejoice before God: yea, let them exceedingly rejoice. (Psalm 68:3)
Joy and rejoicing are simply a choice that we make daily. Mark Hankins
Look at all of the blessings of God that are connected to joy. Joy is connected to:
- God’s presence (Psalm 16:11)
- God’s strength (Nehemiah 8:10)
- God’s salvation (Isaiah 12:3)
- The anointing – the oil of joy (Hebrews 1:9)
- God’s medicine (Proverbs 17:22)
- God’s Word (Jeremiah 15:16; Psalm 119:162)
- Prosperity (2 Corinthians 9:6-10; Psalm 105:37-45)
It seems that if Satan can steal our joy, then he can damage a lot of other things in our lives.
It is clear that God did not create us to be miserable. He created us in Christ to enjoy life and to have dominion. Joy is one of the great secrets of faith. One of my favorite pictures of Jesus is the one of Him laughing triumphantly. Jesus sits in the heavens and laughs. (Psalm 2:4) Make the choice to rejoice!
Confession: I rejoice with exceeding great joy because I know that I am blessed. God created me to enjoy my life and have dominion. Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice! (Psalm 63:7)