SPEAKING OF HIS GLORY
In his temple doth everyone speak of his glory. (Psalm 29:9)
“Whenever we say, ‘Glory,’ we are including all of the goodness of God!” Mark Hankins
- God is called the “God of Glory” in Acts 7:2.
- Ephesians1:17 calls God the “Father of Glory.”
- He is the “King of Glory” in Psalm 24:7-10.
- Jesus is the “Lord of Glory” in 1 Corinthians 2:8.
- Hebrews 2:10 tells us that Jesus died to bring “many sons into glory.”
- I Peter 4:14 says, “The Spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you.”
- In 1 Corinthians 2:7, the Apostle Paul says of his revelation, “But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden widsom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory.”
- John 17:22-24 describes Jesus as the Lord of Glory and says that He came that we might enjoy the same glory
One commentary I read defined the glory this way: wealth, numbers, commerce, power, wisdom, promotion, superiority, dignity, authority, nobility, splendor, valor, magnificence, extraordinary privileges, and advantages. Whenever we say “GLORY,” we are including all the goodness of God. We speak of His glory and carry His glory!
Confession: Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world! (1John 4:4)